Ritz Carlton-Half Moon Bay, CA - June 9, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS INTENDED TO PROMOTE SALES AS A TRAVEL ADVISOR, I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS IF YOU DECIDE THIS VACATION IS FOR YOU.
2020!! The year of few reviews!! The year that Covid-19, a Global Pandemic brought the Travel Industry to a complete and utter halt!
However, San Mateo County had started to lift some restrictions in early June just in time for our Anniversary. We headed over to the coast for one night at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. We have stayed at this hotel before & I have reviewed it "in normal times" & you can read all about it here.
It felt amazing to "travel" even if only for 1 night. It was nice to be at a restaurant, 3 times in 2 days! As for Covid-19 protocols that I witnessed:
At the hotel:
- you can only valet park your car but the valets are using hand sanitizer in between handling cars. When we left, we still used a wipe to clean all surfaces in the car.
- I had checked-in via the mobile app, so the front desk clerk only had to verify information. I did not need to present an ID or credit card. There was plexi-glass to divide us & she was wearing a mask. There was also a barrier to prevent you from leaning against the front desk, keeping social distance.
- Signs all around the hotel advise to wear a mask in all public spaces.
- Signs at the elevators ask you to wait for the next empty elevator car so that you do not ride with people outside of your group.
- Masks are not required once you're sitting at the outdoor dining/patio area & they are not required as you walk around outside as long as you can maintain social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located around the resort.
- Most doors have handicap buttons at hand & foot level, so you can easily tap with your elbow or foot to open the door without touching.
- In the room, there were no glasses.
- Currently, there are no bellboy services but they will provide you with a cart so that you can bring everything to your room.
- Currently, there is no room service or indoor dining. We were told that the Conservatory was open for breakfast. You have to call in the order & then pick it up to either eat outside or in your room.
At the Ocean Terrace Patio at the Ritz:
- All staff were wearing masks and gloves.
- They sanitize each table once guests leave & then change gloves afterwards
- All tables were easily 6 feet apart, so social distancing was easy.
If you'd like to read more about our Anniversary getaway and celebrations, you are invited to view my blog post about the getaway here:
Anniversary Getaway to Half Moon Bay